Unit 5: Final Front Cover

Screen Shot 2015-01-26 at 10.29.19 To get this picture I printed out the original image and used felt tips to cover Helena’s face in I then scanned this image in using the printer and opened it up onto photoshop. When I opened it I used the magic wand tool to get rid of the background. Screen Shot 2015-01-26 at 10.29.39I then used image> Auto colour to enhance some of the colours on the face as they looked somewhat dull compared to the original. Screen Shot 2015-01-26 at 10.30.55 I then used Image> Auto contrast which gave me this screenshot. Once I was happy with the colouring I started to begin editing the image properly. Screen Shot 2015-01-26 at 10.31.08

I opened up the filter gallery and used sketch> Water Paper this linked into the art movement fauvism as it was slightly blurry, I also did this because my magazine cover was going to be more of a modern design and this helped show how an image could have looked in present time for such things as equipment e.g. the quality the camera took the photo.

Screen Shot 2015-01-26 at 10.38.32Once i had finished editing the face I started to edit the hair I found a background which I particularly liked I used the rubber tool to get rid of any unwanted background which wasn’t needed. Screen Shot 2015-01-26 at 10.42.03

I then added a black background and some white areas showed to get rid of these I used the paintbrush tool and selected the colour black and filled them in  Screen Shot 2015-01-26 at 10.44.41

This is my image before I have fully finished using the paintbrush tool.

Screen Shot 2015-01-26 at 10.56.45 I then finished using the paint brush tool and decided to add text I added vogue in so each letter was placed blow another I then used the select tool to move the text around until I got to an area that I was happy with.

Screen Shot 2015-01-26 at 11.15.43

When I looked at the image I didn’t think the colour of the hair looked right I went onto Pinterest and found watercolour backgrounds I then added them into my image and placed them into the hair.Screen Shot 2015-01-26 at 11.15.59In the end i found a pink watercolour background which I think contrasted well with the colours on the face. I then made sure there where no areas showing of the background which I didn’t want and got rid of them.

Screen Shot 2015-02-02 at 08.41.16

This was my final image in Adobe Photoshop before flattening and saving it as a JPEG.Screen Shot 2015-02-02 at 08.43.36

This is my image opened as a JPEG

VogueCover1983_Feb_V_16Aug10_b_592x888 Screen Shot 2015-02-02 at 09.40.25

Once I had saved I realised that I hadn’t added a price in I looked on Pinterest for prices and barcodes I didn’t see any barcodes on all of the front covers I looked at,  also some didn’t include the price but if it was included it would be in a corner normally next to the font so I placed a price on my front cover next to my text rotated at the side. I then saved my image as a JPEG to be printed as my final front cover.

Advertisements

One thought on “Unit 5: Final Front Cover

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s