Today I started off by beginning to start my pages of FMP I took Christian Dior’s 1950’s ‘New Look’ and traditionally sketched a drawing out I then scanned this in and opened it in Adobe Photoshop, I made a new layer and locked my original and outlined it I then called this ‘Outline’ I haven’t used Adobe Photoshop much to almost completely do an image, I wasn’t sure of the outcome I wanted but began by doing a white background and filling the dress and the model in black. I then reversed this and did it the other way I like both outcomes but I wasn’t sure if I should concentrate more and make the dress detailed so it looked although a lot of work was put into it, Looking at the dress most of them where plain but I wanted to add something to it I started off by using the brush tool and making dots on the page, I then used the marquee tool and opened my brush pallet and saved this brush I also went into brush settings and changed this until I was happy with how the brush was being used. I added the simplest detail at the bottom of the dress but this however created a new effect on the dress that I liked as it was simple but not to simple. I began to fill the skin in I have never tried to do this before so I simply just used the paint bucket tool to fill in the skin on the drawing I attempted to add a slightly darker colour to the cheeks but it don’t think its to an effective standard that I could put it in a book. Even though for my book I want to use the simpler design I think it looks more effective I think to fully complete this something extra needs to be added or put onto a random design such as a bottle and be shown through that so it has more of a creative outcome.
I then started to work where I am more comfortable I got paints and cardboard and began to make traditional patterns, To create this pattern I placed different colours on a page then used the cardboard to make curves to create the pattern. I then let them dry, Once this was done I scanned the experiment in I opened this up into Adobe Photoshop I started with doing slight corrections such as image > Auto colour, I normally wouldn’t use this but it made my image brighter and only slighter similar to the original image. I then started to use Hue/Saturation and change the colour I took an area that I in particularly liked and copied and pasted this into its own layer I then copied and pasted it another two times so that the design could be repeated until the page was full. I did the experiment of changing the colour a few times and taking the part which I liked most and making them into their own background. I had two designs which were okay but not at an industry standard and I didn’t think it would look as professional as I would like if to place it in my book. I carried on using the Hue/Saturation tool and then I found the colour which I liked, Before even repeating the pattern I knew this was the design I wanted to use the image was bright but I wanted some of the smaller details to be brightened I used the Brightness tool and put it to 7 I was happy with this I then saved my design in Adobe Photoshop and as a JPEG so the image could be manipulated in a separate document to the original existing experiments.