11th May | FMP

Screen Shot 2015-05-11 at 09.57.43 Screen Shot 2015-05-11 at 10.01.05 Screen Shot 2015-05-11 at 10.05.47 Screen Shot 2015-05-11 at 10.28.54 Screen Shot 2015-05-11 at 10.29.45

To begin with I did the final details off my Karl Lagerfeld drawing in Adobe Photoshop I added the filter ‘Diffuse Glow’ I then began to change Hue/Saturation just as an experiment to see if the colours I had chosen I definitely wanted, From this I got three outcomes which I particularly liked I saved them as JPEGS and opened them up from the last screenshot this made me decide what to use in my book.

Screen Shot 2015-05-11 at 10.56.47Screen Shot 2015-05-11 at 11.23.43I then added the design into Adobe Indesign and wrote ‘KARL WHO?’ I downloaded a font from dafont and changed the colour to red I also changed the kerning and spaced the ‘K’ slightly further out and larger than the other letters so it isn’t recognisable but stands out, I then stopped editing in InDesign and went back into Adobe Photoshop to create a background I used my baby wipe to see what outcome i could get at first I got a black starry effect just like the first screenshot but this didn’t work well with the text because I needed white to make the text stand out, I then inverted my background and added a blur I wash’t to sure about the effect but once I placed it into Adobe Indesign it worked perfectly with the text as the background stood out but you where drawn to the text first.

Screen Shot 2015-05-11 at 13.14.17

Screen Shot 2015-05-11 at 13.36.13 Screen Shot 2015-05-11 at 13.42.11

I then took my flower experiment and began to re-create the image on Adobe Photoshop. To start off I took an image of a model from Pinterest as my drawing was a sketch and only really focused on the dress, Once I made an outline I created a new layer and filled the shoes skin and top half of the body in, However created a new layer for the face so if any mistakes where made i could delete them layer for layer. I then got up to changing the dress using free transform I increased the dress size but this looked too traditional I changed the hue saturation slightly and put the contrast up I used the magic wand tool to select the bottom half of the dress I then copied it into a new layer and duplicated it a couple of times i selected free transform and in each layer moved, made smaller or rotated the dress so it didn’t look although it had been repeated. Once I was happy I added a white background and saved this to add into Adobe InDesign.

This was then my page for Christian Dior completed
Screen Shot 2015-05-11 at 13.53.40

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s