12th May | FMP

Screen Shot 2015-05-12 at 15.02.49 Screen Shot 2015-05-12 at 16.00.41 Screen Shot 2015-05-12 at 16.00.51 Screen Shot 2015-05-12 at 16.04.34 Screen Shot 2015-05-12 at 16.36.26Today I spent the lesson checking over my Adobe InDesign document paying attention to even the tiny details I began by making sure the backgrounds I had added to the red line where filled, I did this by zooming in closely and selecting the background I made sure fill was on but line stroke wasn’t as this added a slight thickness which would’ve been an error when sending it off to blurb and may have given me a hairline of white on a page which I didn’t want.

I then checked the text that I had added this was to make sure text wasn’t hidden. I also used alt and the left and right keys to slightly change the placing of some letters individually so they didn’t overshadow another letter. Once I did this I went through all my pages of history and made sure the baseline was on I then reduced the letter size to 12pt and began to change placement and started to reduce how much text was on each line as too much text on one line will make a person think there is too much to read reducing how many words where on each line made my page look although there was less text and followed a structure, e.g. stopping a text box where an image ended.

When changing my text allignment I did left alignment and middle alignment I chose both to use on different pages as making sure there is a structure on every page that is similar to another created a more polished outcome as even though each page was different for example where the text had been placed or how small/large the box was compared to another, the alignment kept structure within the pages I was producing.

When zooming in on some of my images they looked pixilated this was especially on the images I had taken off the internet because of this I changed many of the pictures so they had a high resolution as most where 72dpi which is screen print whereas I needed 250/300dpi as my book is a professional print and the images would look blurry compared to it being published online. I then checked over my work and went into the softwares that I had used and made sure each page was 300dpi most where at a high enough resolution but some needed changing as the designs I had done where drawings this wasn’t a big problem in changing the dpi, However, if I had used an image this could have been a big problem changing to make the image look effective again.

I then went onto trying to produce my right Emilio Pucci page I used an image of a fabric pattern that I had created it was set to 300 dpi and i liked the look of the outcome in Adobe Photoshop but when adding it into Adobe InDesign it was pixilated I then began becoming uncertain of the design and stopped what I was doing and decided to do a completely different design. I also thought because the page on the left had one of my traditional designs as a background to just add a pattern on the right page doesn’t explain anything and even though I’m highlighting that he’s famous for patterns people who aren’t interested in fashion design won’t understand what it is or they’d find it too simple and a waste of a page.

With the day being completed I went home and started to think of other ideas that I could use for the Emilio Pucci page which still had the idea of using a pattern that I had created in it but shown in a more unique way because of this I went onto Pinterest and looked for inspiration in fashion boards to see what I could produce instead of the idea I was originally thinking of.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s