21st May | FMP

I came into college on Thursday as I wanted to get my book complete so I could do my last checks on Friday morning to be uploaded onto blurb before the end of the day, Screen Shot 2015-05-21 at 14.38.13Screen Shot 2015-05-21 at 14.33.34Screen Shot 2015-05-21 at 14.38.36 I began by going into Adobe Photoshop and starting my Armani page I had a couple of ideas for what I could produce my first idea was to take a photo of Giorgio Armani and use the polygon tool to create small triangles so the image only had certain parts showing, I did this for a while and the original image was set at 250dpi I did this different each time and had tried different sized triangles. In the end I had spent an hour trying to get an outcome that I liked because I didn’t get an outcome that I found effective.

Screen Shot 2015-05-21 at 13.53.38Screen Shot 2015-05-21 at 13.54.00Because this image wasn’t working I took an image from a Giorgio Armani catwalk and opened it in Adobe Photoshop I started by doing minor edits such as Image > Auto tone and image Auto colour to slightly enhance the image, before editing any further I checked my canvas size this was at 200 so I changed it to 300dpi as its a higher quality to print with.

I forgot to screenshot what I did next but it was similar to the first image but i made it less complicated and decided to keep it more simple as I think the reason I didn’t like my other image was because I tried to make smaller triangles so I had to do more work and it wasn’t working, I took the polygon tool and made triangles once I got to the third points I made sure it linked to the first from this I could then copy and paste what I had done and it added into a new layer I could then hide my original image to see what I had done, I think because I had been experimenting with the Giorgio Armani image I had more of a clear idea to what I wanted to be done, The first two triangles I think now that I have done it resemble legs and the middle is the structure which keeps it together making it a body.Screen Shot 2015-05-21 at 14.54.54 Screen Shot 2015-05-21 at 16.21.13 I then took one of my drawings which I had completed for my Armani page and started to edit at first I thought I could add shapes which could make the body but I used the paint tool to outline and fill tool to fill in colour which I wanted in the dress, Out of all the illustrations that I have done for my book I think this is the main one that I don’t love, It didn’t have the exact outcome I wanted but it wasn’t something that I definitely didn’t want in my book, I could’ve got rid of this and did an easier option and did a quote which would have been quicker and still had a successful outcome, I stuck with what I was doing and did my best to get it to a good standard, I did make the illustration my own by including a traditional method I had completed this was from a page and I changed the hue/saturation so that it had softer colour because I think Armani uses colours such as lilac to get a more feminine outcome i then made sure the background was below my fill layer so that the pattern was only seen in the dress, Once this was done I zoomed in and used the paint tool to go round any areas which came outside the dress or effected my outline layer slightly, Once this was done I saved it and added it into Adobe InDesign, This out of all my outcomes was my least favourite but as time was running short of sending my FMP I didn’t want to go back and come up with a new idea as this could have then made my work run into Friday and not sending it off until Tuesday which would give me less of a chance to get my book back for the deadline.Screen Shot 2015-05-21 at 16.37.32I started doing my Diane Von Fursetnberg page because I hadn’t completed anything for her yet which needed to be done by the end of Thursday I knew I wanted to do a quote I took the ‘DV’ logo from a previous illustrator page which I had I copied this and added it into Indesign.Screen Shot 2015-05-21 at 17.04.55 I then took a quote that I had found and added this in, Once this was done I changed the font to minion pro Italic and minion pro bold I decided to do this as the text looked plain and I tried to use two fonts but I found out that using one font and changing it so they vary but are similar as this can produce a more effective font. I decided I wanted to keep the colours black and white as my right page was simple,Screen Shot 2015-05-29 at 11.57.07I also changed ‘Diane von Fursetnerg’s name so that it was 23pt and the leading was 51pt. I then used the arrow keys to move it down so it was separate from the quote.

I then also noticed I had a blue line stroke where my pink fill was I got rid of this in InDesign even though I did this in Adobe Illustrator I then had to change one letter to white as having it black hid one of my letters making it white meant that this was definitely not going to be hidden.Screen Shot 2015-05-22 at 09.02.30

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s