WE ARE TOP OF THE FOOD CHAIN | Magazine Cover

  Screen Shot 2015-10-06 at 11.23.23 This is an image Bart edited that we decided to use for a magazine cover. Screen Shot 2015-10-06 at 11.28.17  The first thing I did was add the Nike tick into the image and I placed into the bottom left, I wasn’t sure if the tick should be on its own as its so iconic people know its nike.Screen Shot 2015-10-06 at 11.32.32 I added the “Just do it” logo to the advert as this still kept out idea of keeping everything simple.Screen Shot 2015-10-06 at 11.47.49 I then realised I needed to add our new slogan but I didn’t know where and everything needed to look simple, I also had a problem of when i was editing text once I placed it it then didn’t allow me to move anything this was resolved as there was a layer in the channels which I didn’t need and was stopping me from re-editing layers. In the end I moved the ‘Just do it’ logo and the nike tick to the bottom middle of the page as this gave me more room for the slogan to be added. Then I added “We are” as text in font Futura bold and held alt to turn it onto a slant, From this I then added “Top of the” also in the font Futura at text size 250pt and turned it on a slant below “We are” Once this was done I changed the colour to black and added “Food chain” I also placed this on a slant. The image still didn’t look right Bart suggested placing some of the text behind and in front he helped me to do this we had to move some of the text layers below layers Bart had already created to get this outcome.Screen Shot 2015-10-06 at 11.52.04I then move the nike tick back to the top right and added the Nike slogan in as this looked more like a magazine front cover, which was creative and followed our brief of Art Direction. The only thing we need to do is use an already existing magazine and measure the fold so we can make it look like an actual magazine for the presentation.

This was an image that Bart edited and then I carried on to add the type we worked separately for our own parts but also had input for example, helping Bart choose the right colour for the hand and arm, and then he also helped me with how the type should be placed. I think this has been one of the biggest things in our team we have all worked together even though we have all done individual work, as coming together or asking for help at a certain stage makes our outcomes more effective as even though were all working together we have different ways of working. The outcome we have also came from some of our research I did magazine advertisements as a blog post earlier before doing this development, when it came to editing the image with type I used that blog post and also google images to use as an example to help with this outcome.

Overall this image has turned out better than I expected its different to the outcome I had in mind but its effective, and as a group we have all decided that this is going to be used for our final magazine front cover, there is just the fold to add to complete the image.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s