My other blog post showed the four images which I completed for Leeds however didn’t show my editing process.
To start off with I am going to explain the editing of my gif. At first this was a mixed media experiment with nothing else to it I opened it up in Adobe Photoshop and selected Image > Auto Tone this brought back colour in my image making it look more clear and crisp.
I then used curves to bring the brightness up slightly higher in certain ares by using curves I could select myself what I wanted to be lighter and darker.
This was my final outcome. I didn’t want to over edit anything and stay to the original as much as possible. The image now seemed good but it didn’t feel quite finished the meaning of the message behind the image wasn’t clear because of this I had an idea to invert the image and take a screen recording so that I could open a new file and edit in Adobe Photoshop.
To start off I began by doing file > Video frame from layers and the screenshot above shown I then set the frames and how big I wanted my gif to be I could also play this before deciding it was perfect to take further.
Here you can see that the timing is set a 0.0.1 seconds I changed this again to 0 seconds to speed up the gif further.
Then using the last three frames on my timeline I added paint bubbles these where originally black so I inverted them to white as the last part of the gif was inverted I then replayed my gif giving me this outcome.
This piece is now of a higher standard as the message is clear and it is not only an image but a gif as I have experimented further to get the most effective outcome possible. The last screenshot shows me saving my gif for web this is so it can be opened successfully somewhere else rather than Photoshop.
This is my photography piece which I wanted to include to send off to Leeds. I opened my document and the black area of the image wasn’t as dark as I wanted. There was also no area of focus on the page because of this I created a new layer and changed it to soft light I then took a paint brush and used black to paint outside at first I started with a high opacity but as I got further into touching the cardboard I lowered it down to around 15% so it wasn’t as strong.
I was happy with this being my final image as nothing more was needed. Out of all the images I have done I think this is one of my strongest as it shows me and my thoughts on Art.
I wanted to show that I could create a piece of flat graphics for my third image I took the circle tool and created one individual world I then used the pen tool to add the land once this was done and I was happy I right clicked and locked the image I then copied and pasted around 8 more worlds and used the free transform tool white holding the alt key to make them smaller or bigger. I was then able to place them down and start to add my text. I picked a quote which I liked and it was “Be unique it makes the world colourful.” I wrote these out in different layers and placed them on the page this gave me this I saved my file and opened it however it looked too simple I have never used the perspective tool before and Shirley showed me how to use it I then took the text I already had and started to move it straight away this was already looking better and more professional.
This is a screenshot of me getting used to the perspective tool as you can see everything looks too tight together like it cant breath and to me the U in ‘unique’ seems straight and the rest of the character are turned because of this I deleted this as a layer and used my text tool to write it out. I figured out that a way to make it look effective would be to use both perspective and no perspective.
Once I did this piece started to become better structured and have a considered approach. I used no perspective for “it & the” as these are the least important words that need to stand out I also made the font size smaller so they didn’t stand out as much as the important words. I then changed “makes” to be on right perspective this was simple to do and I kept it the same size as it and the.To develop further I used the left perspective to do Unique and world. I had both of these font sizes set the same at 56pt. I then changed colour by using the swatches tool and highlighting colour so this changed. I set the perspective to down I wanted to place this straight at first but this didn’t look right I moved it to the left and this seemed more pleasing to my eyes as it fit better.
This is now my image completed before saving still with the perspective tool on. I saved my file as illustrator and also exported it as a JPEG in RGB colour as it isn’t going to be printed.
This is my image saved as a JPEG, I think this is an effective piece overall if I was going to develop this further I would like to try and change the world so it was more 3D based than flat. Nevertheless I think this is strong enough to send off to Leeds.
My final piece which I did I dont have any development stages but this began by doing a rough sketch of a face and then developing it further into adding bubbles, Once this was done I used ink in order to fill the colour in. i also used a black sharpe to make smaller thought bubbles within the thought bubble this image to me suggests a lot of thoughts in the back of someones mind and the yellow means that their positive and there trying to get out of the brain to the person.