Developments | Matthew Street

Screen Shot 2015-12-16 at 09.20.04

Recently I began editing my images for my Liverpool brief. I decided to stick to traditional methods at first. To create this piece I used two Images one from the top of Liverpool Library and another from Matthew Street I cut them both out and stuck them down this was the outcome. I used the printer in order to change the colours of my outcome. I did one red and black and the other blue and black. I picked these colours as they represent Liverpool’s football teams.

Screen Shot 2016-01-05 at 16.32.44

I then took this into Photoshop giving me this outcome I wanted to have it as if it was in strips of colour so this is what I decided to do.

Screen Shot 2016-01-05 at 16.48.30

This is my outcome inverted. Although I didn’t want to do this I decided to see what it would look like. I think it looks good but doesn’t look professional and this wouldn’t show someone especially through a billboard that this was anything to do with Liverpool. It would have to be worked out and thats not what I want my outcomes to be like they have to be noticeable with a quick reaction of knowing what the billboard is promoting as most billboards are seen by people driving cars.

Screen Shot 2016-01-05 at 16.31.43

However, I used the guide tool so that I could make each strip equal this meant that my final outcome was going to have both blue and red. This worked out quite well.

Screen Shot 2016-01-05 at 16.35.55

The bottom corner of the people walking holding hands seemed to dull to me and I wanted people to see my outcome feeling welcomed to Liverpool. Because of this I used the marquee tool and took some of the original image. I then used the eraser in order to erase any unwanted parts. To finish this I lowered the opacity to 80% as I wanted this to be a noticeable area but after you have seen the Matthew Street sign.

From this screenshot you can also see how I have made sure I know which parts of my image are red and which part are blue. I did this simply by selecting each layer and right clicking and highlighting them the colour which I had changed them too. This made it easier for me to re-do a layer or move it to fit the page better.

Screen Shot 2016-01-05 at 16.54.07.png

Once this was done I used the brush tool setting it to soft light and choosing red I covered half of the Matthew Street sign in red and half in Blue this was a slight tint to the original and made the final outcome brighter and more noticeable to people seeing it.

I have decided that this is going to be one of my outcomes for my final piece to develop further I am going to place this onto a billboard so I can see if will look professional or not. I hope that this outcome works as it’s my strongest piece up to now and if it places onto a billboard well this will make the final outcome look even more effective than just placed onto a page.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s