To get this picture I printed out the original image and used felt tips to cover Helena’s face in I then scanned this image in using the printer and opened it up onto photoshop. When I opened it I used the magic wand tool to get rid of the background. I then used image> Auto colour to enhance some of the colours on the face as they looked somewhat dull compared to the original. I then used Image> Auto contrast which gave me this screenshot. Once I was happy with the colouring I started to begin editing the image properly.
I opened up the filter gallery and used sketch> Water Paper this linked into the art movement fauvism as it was slightly blurry, I also did this because my magazine cover was going to be more of a modern design and this helped show how an image could have looked in present time for such things as equipment e.g. the quality the camera took the photo.
Once i had finished editing the face I started to edit the hair I found a background which I particularly liked I used the rubber tool to get rid of any unwanted background which wasn’t needed.
I then added a black background and some white areas showed to get rid of these I used the paintbrush tool and selected the colour black and filled them in
This is my image before I have fully finished using the paintbrush tool.
I then finished using the paint brush tool and decided to add text I added vogue in so each letter was placed blow another I then used the select tool to move the text around until I got to an area that I was happy with.
When I looked at the image I didn’t think the colour of the hair looked right I went onto Pinterest and found watercolour backgrounds I then added them into my image and placed them into the hair.In the end i found a pink watercolour background which I think contrasted well with the colours on the face. I then made sure there where no areas showing of the background which I didn’t want and got rid of them.
This was my final image in Adobe Photoshop before flattening and saving it as a JPEG.
This is my image opened as a JPEG
Once I had saved I realised that I hadn’t added a price in I looked on Pinterest for prices and barcodes I didn’t see any barcodes on all of the front covers I looked at, also some didn’t include the price but if it was included it would be in a corner normally next to the font so I placed a price on my front cover next to my text rotated at the side. I then saved my image as a JPEG to be printed as my final front cover.
I did another experiment completely using photoshop I used the flat high bristle count brush to paint with. I used different colours to create a fauvism effect. Once my image was full with colour i used he filter gallery as fauvism can sometimes look vivid I went into the filter gallery and picked splatter which gave me the effect in the second screenshot. I then saved my file in photoshop in case I wanted to edit again and also saved it as a JPEG.
In college we used a picture which we had taken and printed it off we then used Sellotape and used a ruler to scrape over the Sellotape so that there was no bubbles this also helped in making the picture begin to stick we carried on using the sellotape to completely cover them; overlapping each last piece we used and repeating the same process until the picture was completely covered, we then put the pictures into warm water until the paper was gone and the picture was stuck to the sellotape.
I took the photo and opened it into Adobe Photoshop where i began to experiment above shows me adding a star background into the picture and simply changing the opacity multiple times until I was happy Once I did this I cropped the photo giving me my first experiment complete.
I used Adobe Photoshop to experiment again I took a watercolour background which I found on Pinterest and pasted it into the photo changing the opacity until I was happy, I also copied Amy and pasted her again and moved the image to the right and changed the opacity so that it looked like she had been mirrored.
I liked this experiment as it was different and developed my understanding for how printing a picture of and doing something different with it can effect the way it is because some of the picture doesn’t have to be perfect because its a traditional technique. when the image was complete it also gave an overlapping,smooth look when it was finished. Even though I liked this experiment it was time consuming so wouldn’t be useful to do for a size of A3 as doing A4 would also take a lot of time to finish.
Movements of the 20th Century Song</a> from <a href=”http://vimeo.com/user26619642″>School
of Yule</a> on <a href=”https://vimeo.com”>Vimeo</a>
For my photography unit 5 work I used vimeo to find a video about art movements I found a 20th century song that was helpful, This is also useful as my art movement Fauvism is from the 20th century.
‘2D or Not 2D’ by photographer Alexander Khokhlov, make-up artist Valeriya Kutsan, and photo retoucher Veronica Ershova.
While on pinterest I found an artist called Valeriya Kutsan who is a make up artist, I liked her work as she is creative this has also given me ideas of how I can show my work I could paint someone and then photograph them or I could take a photo of someone and then traditionally add watercolour to it on one half and on the other half do it digitally to create my magazine front cover.
Even though she isn’t a photographer I like how this shows Make up artists are also important in portraying someone or something and how it can make a big effect on how someone looks. Although she has painted onto the woman physically I think this photo has been taken and digitally manipulated so the work looks more computerised and if its been put onto the woman instead of drawn on also to add certain highlights and shadows to emphasise certain features.